Right Layabouts! It’s tour time again. And we’re off to Dublin.
And this one is extra special as it’s our 10th tour overseas. We’ve done Ireland before but not as The Layabouts as we shared our time in the Emerald Isle with another club, so technically it’s another new destination for us.
Dates: Friday 27th April – Sunday 29th April 2018
Destination: Dublin, Ireland
Hosts: Suttonians RFC https://www.suttoniansrfc.ie/
Hotel: Isaacs Hostel http://www.isaacs.ie/ (infamous Temple Bar 15 minutes walk away)
Cost: From £200, depending on how quickly you book your flight (see below)
Tell me more about the costs…
When we decide to fly to our tour destination, it’s up to the touring Layabout to book their own flight. This way we know who’s definitely committed to going on tour.
THE FLIGHT – From £100 (you book this yourself)
The flights to book are …
Friday 27th April 2018 – London Gatwick (LGW) to Dublin (DUB)
Ryanair dep LGW 1315 arr DUB 1440
Sunday 29th April 2018 – Dublin (DUB) to London Gatwick (LGW)
Ryanair dep DUB 1535 arr LGW 1710
There are plenty of Ryanair flights available that day or with other airlines from Gatwick, or from other airports such as London City, Heathrow or Stansted. Basically what we’re saying is, if you cannot make that particular flight because of work, just book one that suits you so you can still come join the Layabout movement.
TOUR PACKAGE – £100 (payable to the club)
This will hopefully include the following:
- 2 nights hostel accommodation (confirmed)
- Breakfast at Fleur on Friday (most likely)
- Tour shirts (definitely)
- Insurance (mandatory)
- Return coach transfer to Gatwick (subject to costs otherwise it’s a train from Leigh)
OTHER COSTS YOU NEED TO CONSIDER
- Taxi or shuttle bus to and from Dublin Airport – €15-30
- Train to Suttonians RFC – €10
- Beer/kebabs/other – how much is up to you
WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?
- Book your flight
- Let Ali or Dunc know you’ve booked your flight
- Pay your £100 Tour Package to the club (BACS: 60-19-02 acct 23024623 – Ref: Tour+<YourName> or cash), let Ali or Dunc know.
- You’ll then be added to the ‘Dublin 2018’ WhatsApp group to await further instruction.
- Make sure you’re a “paid up” Layabout before booking your flight. This tour is open to club members only (social and playing). That’s because we need to register with the Kent RFU and sort out stuff like insurance. If you’re not a club member today but you want to join us on tour, sort your membership out first, then go book your flight.
- Be a Layabout not a liability on tour. By paying your £100 Tour Package cash, you are subscribing to the The Layabouts code of conduct whilst on tour. We always have fun, but never at the unexpected expense or to the detriment of others.
- Somethings are just out of our control. We are doing our very best to bring you a great tour weekend, but somethings we can not foresee or control. If our plans have to be altered either before or during our weekend, we trust you will be understanding.
For the newbies who may be curious where we’ve been before: Carrick, Ireland (2006), Graz, Austria (2008), Tallinn, Estonia (2009), Budapest, Hungary (2010), Sofia, Bulgaria (2011), Ljubljana, Slovenia (2012), Limassol, Cyprus (2013), Antwerp, Belgium (2015) and The Hague, The Netherlands (2017).